Lounger
    Thanks

IF CONDITIONS (97)

I have created a report that is a purchase order that we would send to each of our vendor's. It states the part numbers and the qty we need to order (each vendor is on a seperate page). Problem: I import into access two key fields, which shows how many items that are currently on order by our customers (tcommitted) versus how many we already have in stock or on hand (oh). I want to subtract the Tcommitted - oh and if the answer is less than 10 I do not want this item to be listed on the purchase order. I'm not sure how to write this condition so it will not print out if the condition is not above 10.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IF CONDITIONS (97)

In the report textbox, use a formula similar to:
    =IIf(([Tcomitted]-[oh]) >10, [Tcommitted]-[oh])
    The idea is you will test for the result being >10, the true clause will be the result of the formula and false clause is omitted so there will be no result printed.
    You can look up the IIf function in help for more details.

Lounger
    Thanks

That worked great ! ! One last thing -- when I do get a value that I do not want to print is there anyway that I could also not have the records that link to that field to not print as well.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not certain what you are trying to accomplish. In general, I would recommend basing the report on a query that only selects the records that you do want to print, rather than trying to omit them at print time. Why have Access retrieve those records if you don't want to use them? If that doesn't answer your question, please be more specific.