New Lounger
    Thanks

PowerPoint Viewer (PowerPoint 2003)

I have a PowerPoint presentation that does not run correctly with the PowerPoint viewer. Although many links work, there are other links that appear not to be there at all. Likewise, there are Action Settings that play sounds when PowerPoint is used, but do not work when using the viewer. I have not been able to find a difference between the links and sounds that work and those that do not. I tried the PowerPoint 2007 viewer, even though the presentation was created in PowerPoint 2003 to see if perhaps it would solve the problem, but the exact same links and sounds do not function. When I open the same PPT file in PowerPoint and go to Slide Show view, all of these links and Action Settings work. I have tried a few different computers and get the same results on all of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PowerPoint Viewer (PowerPoint 2003)

PowerPoint MVP Sonia Coleman has a page about the Viewer on her website, it mentions several limitations: see PowerPoint 2003 Viewer.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you. Unfortunately, there was no mention of a limitation on links to other slides within the same presentation or Action Settings that play sounds. I can include a link to the PPT file, if it would help solve the problem.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Someone might be able to find the cause if you do...

New Lounger
    Thanks

The presentation can be downloaded from http://download.yousendit.com/73976FB614C2D560

Some examples of the problems I am having include:
    Slide 36 has 8 rectangles that have Action Settings to play small WAV files.

Slide 43 has the same 8 large rectangles but they link to the next 8 slides (44 - 51).

Slide 63 is covered by one large rectangle and should end the show when clicked. In the viewer, however, the link is only available on the top of the screen.

Thank you again for trying.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

To make a link 'clickable, use the 1-Click TagPanel above (is it the readingheabrew.zip 21mb ?)

The presentation can be downloaded from http://download.yousendit.com/73976FB614C2D560

Some examples of the problems I am having include:
    Slide 36 has 8 rectangles that have Action Settings to play small WAV files.

Slide 43 has the same 8 large rectangles but they link to the next 8 slides (44 - 51).

Slide 63 is covered by one large rectangle and should end the show when clicked. In the viewer, however, the link is only available on the top of the screen.

Thank you again for trying.
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Boker Tov (see the lessons work!!)

I took the plunge and downloaded all 27mb of it

Nice presentation but the problems you mentioned work OK on my PC, what I noticed was

1. The video does not play either in the viewer or in my PP 2003

2. Slide 43: when you click the second rectangle and then click on the first letter of the 2nd row the hyperlink to slide 60 the sign up screen is not there (Perhaps when this link works you could click OK on this screen and hyperlink it to your email address)

3. Slide 3: When you hyperlink from the menu to 'Sound of the Vowels' if you click previous you are always taken back to slide 20, perhaps this is deliberate I don't know.

4. Are you assuming that everybody that will download the PP has the font set that you are using as I did not and had to install them to view the PP properly.

Sorry I can't be of any more help with the original problem, but again I enjoyed the way you used PP for this project

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Not sure I understand the problem with the 8 rectangles .The first 8 play the wavs and the second 8 link to the next slides which is how they are set up.

The video doesn't play because it isn't there! It's a link to a file on your hard drive. You will need to include it.

The problem with slide 63. It's not that only the top works it's only the outline works. This is because you have given it NO FILL. Give it a fill of any colour and set it to 99% transparent

Hope that helps a little

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ahhhh

I see the problem with the eight shapes now (I was using Powerpoint not the viewer) They have a NO FILL shape too. The viewer needs to see a 99% transparent shape. Don't be tempted by a 100% transparent shape even if it seems to work. It won't in all versions of the viewer.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you very very much. Your help was invaluable.