Star Lounger
    Thanks

Database patcher (2003/Sp2)

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a product that will allow you to send patches to an Access database so the patches can be applied without disturbing data? I used to use a product called Surgical Strike (really good) but it does not support Access 2003 and they don't have plans of doing any more work on it. Sending a patch can sure save the hassle of sending a new database. It also means that when you have ODMC linked tables, you don't have to go through that process again with each bug fix or release you send.

Here's hoping . . . . .

Graeme.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Database patcher (2003/Sp2)

See <post:=678,764>post 678,764</post:>.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. But I don't think this is exactly what I want. We don't have a server to deploy from. My clients are all over the country and I used to send them small patches by e-mail. They had a utility which would then update their database with the patches and modify the database version. The solutions you pointed to look like you have to send the whole DB to someone first and then they use the utility to deploy it to clients.

Thanks.

Graeme.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for the goofup. Perhaps someone else will have a useful suggestion.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Never a goofup Hans. I always value your suggestions. You really know your stuff.

It is a shame about SS. Apparently the developer left the company (Database Creations). About all that the tool could not patch was relationships and indexes. It could modify tables without disturbing the data, replace parts of code, modify data after the patch had been applied (e.g. create default data) etc. Anyway. That's life. I will continue to seek . . .

Cheers.

Graeme.