3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Emails From Access (Office 2003)

I am having an issue with sending emails from an Access database.
    The code we use creates an Outlook object, then creates the email. This particular one uses an Outlook form. The data is populated to the form, then Access uses the SendKeys command to send the email.

I ran this code on the 14th and the emails ran with no issues. I ran the same code on the 21 and received the error I know of nothing in the database that has changed.

“You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator.”

I logged off and we used a coworker’s ID to log back in and we were able to send the emails.

I have had the Outlook folks check and they say the permissions are correct.
    I am able to access the folder on the network that contains the database and the form template. I am able to copy to, delete from, and modify file in this directory. I tried copying the form to my local machine and using this version as the template. I also modified the code to send only a text email. This also resulted in the error.

We use similar code to send emails from two other Outlook mailboxes with no issues.

Any ideas what might be causing the error?

Thanks for ANY help.
    Richard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Emails From Access (Office 2003)

This appears to be an Outlook/Exchange problem, not an Access problem even though you send the e-mails from Access. The error message you mention is generated by Outlook/Exchange, not by Access.

See if any of the links in this newsgroup thread helps.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks.
    I was thinking it was an Outlook permissions issue, but you know how support type are.

It is not the sofware, it is the hardware,
    It is not the hardware it is the software.

Anyway, I see what I can find using your link.

Thanks again.
    Richard

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I use Lotus Notes and I know that is differrent from Outlook, but I have gotten that message when I was out of space.
    Thanks
    chuck