2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Paper Size drop-down choices (2003 SP2)

I just discovered an problem with some of my excel spread sheets at home. When I go to Page Setup and click on the drop-down arrow for paper size I see the first line as letter and all lines under it are garbage. I do have some spread sheets where I don't see this. Thinking it is a corrupt xls file I took one of the corrupt files to work and opened it with my Excel 2003 SP2 version there. When I do that I see the Paper Size drop-down looks correct and perfectly fine.
    So this leads me to conclude that the corruption is in Excel itself though I am puzzled as to why or how a corruption could affect only some spread sheets.
    Anyone have any thoughts on the cause?
    What is my best recourse, re-install Excel and then both Sp1 and Sp2?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paper Size drop-down choices (2003 SP2)

Do you have this problem in other applications, for example in Word?

Thanks

From what I understand, paper sizes and choices are controlled by the printer setting. I know that individual worksheets can retain specific printer settings, so it may be possible that the worksheet has become confused about which printer it is printing to.

If you go to the File > Print... window, and select your current printer, then click on close, do you still get the problem? (You may have to select an alternative printer/output first, then reset it to your default.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well I solved the problem by downloading and installing the printer driver. So the old driver must have gotten corrupted somehow.