2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another question on NET (English)

I have downloaded the Microsoft .NET framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 but have just read the Windows Newsletter which advises to exercise "caution when installing .NET service packs". Now I don't think I want to install this pack but the install "shield" is prompting me to install. I tried a search to find where the downloaded file is located so that I could delete it. Any simple way to get round this or should I just install.
    Should also mention that I am not a developer and only use pc for home personal use.
    Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Another question on NET (English)

If you use any programs that need the .Net Framework, I'd go ahead and install the patch(es). Otherwise, why install the .Net Framework at all?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Another question on NET (English)

Thanks Hans. Did not realise the program .NET Framework 1.1 was installed until recently and read that to uninstall may cause problems.
    Warning on the Service Pack 1 install "Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed". Shall take your advice and install SP1 although I will not use it and if it is not going to cause a problem I will just leave it on as I believe it is a small program.