Star Lounger
    Thanks

Format not supported by Office Clipboard (2007)

Whenever I try a Copy/Paste a graphic (jpg, gif, etc.) with an Office 2007 application open, the error/message "Item not Collected: Format not supported by Office Clipboard" pops up. The Windows Clipboard works fine...until I open Word, Excel, etc.
    I suspect that something "happened" with Office XP installed. This is a PC I inherited from my daughter, and it had other issues. I uninstalled Office XP prior to installing Office 2007, and it kept my old defaults as to font, etc. So, perhaps, should I uninstall again and completely delete the Microsoft Office folder, or is there a simple fix?
    I Googled the error message, and this seems to be an issue for several folks.
    Two other PC's work fine.
    David Carter

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Format not supported by Office Clipboard (2007)

See Troubleshoot collecting and pasting - Word - Microsoft Office Online for some Clipboard limitations. Does this ever work such as immediately after a boot? Have you tried a reinstall of Office 2007? Did you do a custom install? Are you running any third party clipboard utilities? Are you running any macros to that interact with the clipboard? You could try starting Word with "winword /a" (without the quotation marks) - from Command-line switches for Microsoft Office Word 2007 - Word - Microsoft Office Online: Starts Word and prevents add-ins (add-in: A supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to Microsoft Office.) and global templates (including the Normal template) from being loaded automatically. The /a switch also locks the setting files.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you checked whether the appropriate graphics filters have been installed?

Open Start | Control Panel.
    Open Add/Remove Programs/.
    Select Microsoft Office 2007.
    Click Change.
    Select Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
    Select Choose advance customization of applications, and then click Next.
    Expand Office Shared Features > Converters and Filters > Graphics Filters.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry...I forgot one other thing. Even though I get the "Format not supported...", I can still paste the graphic into a Word document. so, Clipboard says that the item isn't collected, either the Office Clipboard is lying, or the Windows Clipboard is taking over.
    I will check for the Graphics filters.
    David Carter