liner

Breaking a Worksheet (2003 sp2)

I have a worksheet that has three or more different sets of information. Is there an easy way to break a worksheet into two or more worksheets in the same workbook? By the way, I would want to be breaking at certain rows, if that makes a difference.

(And yes, I can always cut and paste; however with the size of the worksheet is is possible to miss something.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Breaking a Worksheet (2003 sp2)

You can insert page breaks, or split the sheet into different worksheets. It would be possible to write a macro for this, you'll find an example in <post:=471,071>post 471,071</post:>.
    If you need more specific help, please provide detailed information about the layout of your data and how you want to split them.

liner

Hello Hans.

I would like to be able to break the worksheet into separate worksheets, not page breaks. I have to do extensive editing of each set of data, and it would be a lot easier to have each set in a separate worksheet. Using the sort function I can get each set of data to join up in adjacent rows. I would like to highlight a row and have everything below that row automatically move to another worksheet.

I read your example, and it does too many things for my needs.

I don't really need to have any special names for the new worksheet; I can handle that easily. (However, if there is an EASY to give the new worksheet a name, it would be nice.)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you want one or more header rows to be copied to the top of the new sheet too, or just the data below the selected row?