Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conitional formatting (2003)

The only things you can set using conditional formatting are:

- Background (fill) color
    - Foreground (text) color
    - Bold, italic, underline
    - Enabled / disabled.

As you see, border style and special effect are not included, i.e. you cannot set it using conditional formatting.

A continuous form actually has only one set of controls, so changing the border style or special effect of a control in VBA based on a value in the current record in fact applies to all displayed records. There is no way to change them for the current record only.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Conditional formatting (2003)

Hi folks,
    I have a tabular form with two fields. I can use conditional formatting to turn the back ground color of any record in field1 that has the number 2 in it to red.
    What I want to do is instead of changing the color, I want to change the special effect property to Raised. Iíve tried expression is in the conditional format window with an IIF statement but this doesnít seem to work. Iíve also tried VBA but that doesnít work because it changes the special effect on all of the records when I click on the record that has the number 2 in it. I know Iím missing something simple, but I canít figure it out.
    Anyone?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conitional formatting (2003)

Thanks Hans. I was afraid of that. This question was posed to me yesterday and after trying a few different things, I came to the same conclusion. I will forward your answer to the person who posed the original question to me.