New Lounger
    Thanks

Screen Updating (Excel 2003)

I set up a macro that presents an input box for a user to input their initials. When I step through the process, Everything works fine. I use the Screen updating function during the macros and I call this macro to get the input box. But, even with the screen updating
    ("Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True"),
    when I run the macro, the input box doesn't show.

Is there a way to pause or something to let this show?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Screen Updating (Excel 2003)

Normally, code execution pauses when you display an InputBox until the user clicks OK or Cancel, so we'd have to know more about the macro. Could you post the code in a reply (or in an attachment to the reply if it is long)?

New Lounger
    Thanks

First, understand that I am learning as I go - sorry if it looks cluttered, but it has been working. 2nd, this program is called from another, but together, they exceed the storage limit for attaching a file. I included part of the original program to show the call and highlighted in yellow the call for the 'NewDTF' program. The program with the inputbox begins on page 3.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What happens if you run NewDTF by itself? Does the InputBox get displayed?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I just set the break to the first 'IF' statement shown on the document I attached. Then, I selected 'F5' to allow the process to complete. When I do this, the input box appears. When I start from the beginning, I don't see it (the next box I see is 'processing is done'). I created this process in Excel 2000 and kept it at that level until about 2 weeks ago when my computer was upgraded and they did not leave a 2000 version. The process, in total, does alot...I just assumed it was overwhelmed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Since you posted only part of the code, I don't know what some things in it mean (Isblank is not an Excel VBA constant, for example), but I don't see anything that would prevent the inputbox from being displayed if the code follows the path that includes that line.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Isblank was just to test whether a field was empty or not - got it from another user.

While looking for a suggestion on this problem, I came across some notes about making things more efficient in Excel. I will use some of that and see if that helps. Thanks again for your help.