Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Aligning business cards to print (2007)

I'm trying to print business cards with Avery 8371 business cards. The layout looks fine in print preview. When I print, however, I get only two usable cards out of ten on the sheet. The cards on the top row print outside the top perforations. The bottom two cards print outside the bottom perforation. Row 2 is too high; row 4 is too low. The left column prints too close to the left edge, and the right column prints too close to the right edge. I can't find anything in the Publisher help file, and I've tinkered with every adjustment I can find in the application.

I went to the Microsoft community forums and searched existing posts. I found one thread that seemed to resemble my problem, and I was rather put off by the response the Microsoft MVP gave to the original question. The MVP abruptly replied that the problem is with the user's printer, not with Publisher, but offered no further comment. Hm-m-m...I'm no expert, but I fail to see how the problem I describe above has anything to do with the printer! Maybe it does. I've added my question to that thread, and I've written to Avery Dennison as well. (No responses yet.) However, I'd like to ask my favorite experts for your thoughts. Will appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Added: Well, I have to retract some of what I wrote earlier. It appears the problem lay in my printer's settings. I still say the MVP's response was unhelpful—frankly, almost rude, He or she could at least have suggested looking carefully at the printer's settings for margins, horizontal and vertical gaps and all that. The margins and gaps settings on my HP PhotoSmart 8250 were the culprit.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Aligning business cards to print (2007)

Why are you using Publisher, you should be using Word as the templates are for Word that I have seen and used.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Aligning business cards to print (2007)

I generally use Publisher for my labels and business cards. Other stuff, too. Gives me an excuse to use it and learn it. The Avery templates are in Publisher as well.