Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Count check Box (Access 2000)

You can use an expression like this in the control source of a text box in the report footer or group footer:

=Abs(Sum([FieldName]))

where FieldName is the name of the Yes/No field. This expression uses the fact that Access stores False as 0 and True as -1, so if you sum the field values, each True value adds -1 to the sum. The Abs (absolute value) function is used to remove the - sign from the result.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Count check Box (Access 2000)

Is there an easy way to count the # of check boxes in a report? I have the Active check box in the 1 table but It keeps coming up with a count of many table check boxes within the group.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans - I did try this but it still counts for each time that qualifies. I have the Qualifies field in the Employee table, then the times the employee clocked in are in another table. We have to go through the times manually to check to see if they qualify so I want the report to calculate the staff that qualify but it does a calculation on each time. Hope this explains it a bit better.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database and indicate what exactly you want to do? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Morning Hans, got busy so I couldn't get back to you. Attached is the stripped down db. I have the check box in the master table. I want to count it once for each employee. Thank you for looking at this for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't understand the setup - none of the records in the Time Table is related to any record in the EBI Table Master.

And can you explain what exactly you want to count? I don't understand that either.