5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Object missing (2003 SP2)

Good evening

I am off work for a few days and being the saddo I am I emailed myself a workbook to play with, it has a user form with a calendar object on it.

When I open the workbook at home it says that an object is not loaded so the object will not be displayed. Checking in my system32 folder I do not have it so I have downloaded it, ensured that it is correctly loaded in the system32 folder, selected 'start' and 'run' and then regsvr32 mscal.ocx and got the succesful message.

When I reopen the WB it does not error but when I open the user form it shows the calendar without any dates in the months, I can change the years as you would expect but I have to guess which squares the dates are in, doing that inserts an American formatted date although my system is definitely set up as English?

Any thoughts on where I might have gone wrong?

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Object missing (2003 SP2)

As an experiment, create a new workbook, then create a userform in this workbook and place a calendar control on the userform, and run the form. Does the calendar look normal?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

It displays fine in a new blank wb, I will delete it in my existing wb and try and reload it

Thanks for the advice

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that would be my next suggestion.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That was surprisingly simple!!

The dates however are still displaying in the American format mm/dd/yy but for my wb I need them to show properly in dd/mm/yy format, I have gone into the Control Panel and all of my settings are for the UK, I have changed them, changed them back and restarted but that does not do any good, can I write anything into the code to say the format that I want it to display?

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does this work?

Me.txtDateFrom = CDate(Me.Calendar1)

If not, try this:

Me.txtDateFrom = Format(Me.Calendar1, "dd/mm/yyyy")

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again

Me.txtDateFrom = Format(Me.Calendar1, "dd/mm/yyyy") is the one that worked but just out of interest have you any idea why it would show in the wrong format (is it perhaps because the site I downloaded the calander control zip from was American?)

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It shouldn't matter where you downloaded the control from - there isn't a specific UK English version.

I don't know why it behaves like that, but it is a problem that crops up frequently - deep down, VBA is strictly US-oriented. Sometimes it adapts itself to local settings, other times it doesn't.