Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving 'My documents' default. (ProSP2)

Good evening all, could someone advise how I have saved docs in XP default to C:My documents, rather than desktop /MyDocuments please? Am I able to somehow delete desktop / mydocuments? Thanks very much. Rod.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving 'My documents' default. (ProSP2)

I'm not too sure I understand your choice of descriptions in the post, Rod. Most of what happens in XP filing usually occurs in a path that includes the logged on user name and the words 'documents and settings' but your post isn't written in that manner. You might need to explain a bit more clearly what files are going to what "path" for us.

In any case, if you don't already have it, you should go to the Microsoft site and download TweakUI for XP. It can be found here: Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP and has loads of other uses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, My file structure is as shown on attached jpg. Any file I save defaults to (see the very top) Desktop/My Documents, I'd like C:My Documents to be XP's default location, if that makes sense. I have tweak UI and I'll have a dekko soon. Thanks Big Al.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well my computer did not like tweak ui at all, it threw all my C drive folders into desktop, so I had 2 versions of C drive folder structures..amazing [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] I have a serious feeling that a fresh install is my only way out of this box, the convolutions are too much for me to comprehend, I think I still have two administrators and the computer confuses itself half the time.