Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sub-Form Rich Text Control (Access 2007)

I have a Rich Text memo field in a sub form. As I tested the sub form stand-alone, Microsoft's font ribbon appears above the memo control when I select a character, word or phase in the control and I'm able to modify the font's look. However, if I attempt to do the same action through the main form -> subform-> memo control, the Microsoft font ribbon will not appear and I can not modify the font. I've not been able to spot any properties in the the main form or its subform container that would seem to enable/disable the action.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions,
    Marty

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Sub-Form Rich Text Control (Access 2007)

This stuff does not work in subforms!

"A rich text control in a subform is barely useable. Since the formatting on the ribbon is disabled, and the minibar does not appear, you are limited to keystrokes such as Ctrl+B." http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

Subforms will display the rich text however. In the only case where I have used it, I double click the row in the subform to open a popup form with just that record in it, and apply the text formatting there.
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sub-Form Rich Text Control (Access 2007)

Thanks for your insight. On the one hand I'm happy I didn't simply overlook something obvious, on the other I'm disappointed it doesn't work.