2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE7 Freezes (XP Pro SP2)

After Tuesday's download of IE7 upgrade IE opens with a white blank page. It shows the link but never goes to it. I have to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and then click on "End Task" to get rid of it. I've had to depend entirely on FireFox, which may not be a bad thing, but not when I need to download something from Windows. Any ideas about how to correct this?

Ray

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: IE7 Freezes (XP Pro SP2)

I have updated four machines and am having NO problems.

What do you have set as your "Home" page?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I guess I have installed something that caused a conflict. Neither IE7 nor would iTunes recognize my iPod. I have restored the computer back a week before this started happening. I hope I can figure out which program I installed that caused the problem. I certainly hope it wasn't the recent Windows updates. My home page is set on Gateway.com. My computer was purchased from them.

Ray

New Lounger
    Thanks

Does anyone have a solution for this irritating problem yet? I've been dealing with Microsoft on this same issue ever since the security update on about October 10! They're solution was to reset IE 7, and that seems to resolve the problem--until I re-boot and the problem is alive and well (or sick and nasty). Then they gave me a bunch of steps to do, some from a command line, and said to download and run Hijack, and send them the file. I did all this and followed their instructions to delete 5 or 6 files, but the problem persists. I keep running Regcure and clearing things, and running Ad-aware and removing things but it's still giving me fits. HELP!!! It just doesn't make sense to me that I should have to reset IE everytime I boot the computer (running XP SP2 and IE 7). I just don't know what else to do. Suggestions?? Please??