Thread: Access2K hangs

New Lounger
    Thanks

Access2K hangs

I have a user that cannot close a form on a server shared DB. When she closes the form, Access hangs and you have to go to Task Manager to end task. She has to go back and reopen the DB to continue to use it. It only happens on one particular form out of 12 on the DB and her PC is the only one that it happens too on that form. (NT 4, O2K sr1a)

Any suggestions?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access2K hangs

Does the form have any code which runs when it closes? If so could this code require some component which is not on theis particular PC?
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

Thanks

Re: Access2K hangs

I found this problem in two contexts. Firstly, the form has got corrupted. I exported objects to a new db and that cured the problem.
    The other instance was where I had a subform on which I had attempted to filter the records on rather than changing the recordsource for the subform (mentioned in Help but hard to find!). This did not show itself until I tried to close the form using a command button whereupon Access hung. (This occurred on both W95 and NT4 running O2K no SP)(Both standalone and front-end/back-end configuration)
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro