Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pasting rows in Word 97 (Word 97 SR 2)

Okay, so this is baffling me. I have a bit of code where I need to remove a row from an existing table and paste it above another existing table. The code in question goes like this:

If Left(strTest, 7) = "Figure " Then
    tblTOC.Rows(i).Range.Cut
    rngInTextFigures.Paste
    ElseIf Left(strTest, 6) = "Table " Then
    tblTOC.Rows(i).Range.Cut
    rngInTextTables.Paste
    End If

The code is in a For Next loop where i is decremented. Right now, I am using cut and paste because I have OLE objects and cannot just insert the text of the rows. I haven't found anything more elegant than cut and paste.

Well, it works fine on my machine. There is someone's machine that it fouls up on. Every time it pastes, the row actually replaces the one that was there before. In the end, there are two one-row tables regardless of the number of tables and figures.

I cannot figure out why it doesn't work on her machine when it works everywhere else. I checked her options and it doesn't matter if I change the drag-and-drop option, the INS key option, or the smart cut and paste option. The results are still the same.

Have you seen this before? What did you do? Heck, I'll be happy if I can find a more efficient way of moving table rows without cut and paste.

Kevin Elmore

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pasting rows in Word 97 (Word 97 SR 2)

Does that one machine have the same service release on it? How about the same Windows service packs. Sometimes things like that can cause differences in behavior between machines as well.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Pasting rows in Word 97 (Word 97 SR 2)

I checked the versions. Both machines are running Word 97 SR 2 on Windows NT SP 6.

While this is milling about, I'll take screen shots of my individual settings and see if her machine is set up the same as mine. Maybe there's a setting that doesn't seem like it should affect anything but does.

Thanks.

Kevin Elmore