4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox and Vista (Vista)

I am having problems getting Firefox to run with my new Vista machine. I read about not making it the default browser so I fixed that. Then I opened it in Safe mode and disabled all the add-ons except NoScript. I also uninstalled/reinstalled with the latest version. After each "fix" it appears to run and I feel I found the problem only to have it not start the next time. Sometimes a reboot helps, sometimes not. When it won't start there will be a process running in Task Manager that I am unable to "end process". Only a reboot will end the process. I am getting a bit frustrated. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox and Vista (Vista)

Not much help, but I run FF as default browser and Vista HP and a number of add-ins without any problem.

Regards, Teunis

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox and Vista (Vista)

Many problems with Firefox are profile related. To test if this is the case with you try creating a new profile, and if that solves your problem you can transfer selected data to the new profile. There is usually no problem in copying bookmarks, passwords, cookies and search engines.