2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot copy pictures (Outlook 2003)

Sometimes I will receive an e-mail which contains pictures or other graphics which I can see. These mails are obviously in HTML format, and come from people whom I know and trust. Once in a while I would like to copy the contents of the mail into a new mail and send it to others whom I know. However, when I paste into the new mail (also HTML format), I do not see the pictures, only a frame where they should be. This must be some kind of a security setting, and probably very easy to change. Only thing is, I cannot find out where!

Does anyone have any ideas? Word is my standard HTML editor for Outlook.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cannot copy pictures (Outlook 2003)

Have you tried to save the pictures first, and then insert them into the new email? I am not sure why you cannot just copy and paste them, but give the save a try and let me know.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 16-Dec-07 10:19. )</P>It's very possible that this is security-related. There is a clipboard-related security setting in Internet Explorer that you could try changing. I suggest using the "Prompt" option rather that the "Enable" option so you can monitor when and how it is being used. Many years ago I played with this settings to resolve an old Insert>Picture bug, but it might help here even now: <post#=108311>post 108311</post#>. Any luck?

Whoops if Word is your editor, then the above may be irrelevant. Perhaps you can use forward and clear out the parts you don't want forwarded as a quick workaround.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry for the delay in answering, and thanks for the help. I still cannot figure it out. So what I just do now is save the individual pictures and recreate the e-mails from scratch. Copy and paste for the text, and then insert the illustrations. A round-about way to get there, but it works.

Thanks again for the help.