5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Security setting (Word 2007)

We have installed a text converter add-in (Tex2Word) that works when opening a file from within Word, although it generates an annoying security prompt; however when opening a file by clicking on it (we have set Word as the default application for .TEX files), it generates a "Word needed to close" error and then Word opens anyway but just a new, blank document. How can we adjust the Trust Center settings to allow the text converter to run automatically when a file is opened in either way?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Security setting (Word 2007)

I'd ask the developer - see Chikrii Softlab: Getting help for their e-mail address.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, Chikrii Softlab have not responded to emails to their support or admin address.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I get the impression that Tex2Word is getting a bit old, it would probably have to be updated for Word 2007, but perhaps it's not being developed any more.
    You could experiment with lowering the macro security settings to see if the warning goes away. Whether you'd want to leave the settings lowered permanently is up to you.
    And I'd avoid double clicking .TEX files from Windows Explorer.