New Lounger
    Thanks

Track Changes Author Change ((Word 2002 XP) )

A user has been passing a document with track changes applied to several individuals. I do not know what version of Word the other parties are using, but my coworker is using Word 2002. On about the fifth revision cycle, she received the file and all changes are in red and noted to have been made by "author" not specific individuals that she is working with. When she makes changes to the document, she can see the tracked changes with "her" color applied, but when she saves the document the color changes to red and is marked changed by "author" not her username. Has anyone seen this happen before and know what to do about it?

Thanks,

Andrea

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Track Changes Author Change ((Word 2002 XP) )

Open the document.
    Select Tools | Options...
    Activate the Security tab.
    You'll find that the check box "Remove personal information from this file on save" has been ticked. Each time the document is saved, information such as the author of tracked changes is removed.
    If you clear the check box, such information will be preserved from that moment on, i.e. you'll be able to see the author(s) of new modifications. This doesn't work retroactively.
    Note: this is a per-document setting, ticking or clearing the check box only affects the active document.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Track Changes Author Change ((Word 2002 XP) )

Thank you so much, Hans! I never would have thought to check that. You are my Hero of the Week! Maybe even the year!

Andrea