5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shift Calendar formula (2003 SP2)

Good afternoon

I am trying to adapt a perputual calendar (thanks to http://www.dotxls.com for the download) for a small departmental shift pattern, you will see that in January and February all I have done is insert an extra 2 rows per week and copied the existing Conditional Formatting, if I change the year in January etc. all seems to work well.

In G1,G2 and G3 I have Data Validation with a list for the range CSStaff, my idea was that I could then in C6 have =$G1 and copy it across for that week, C7=$G2 and C8=$G3, the next week as per the attached example I was going to drop the top 2 names down one and the bottom name up one so that I could make a shift pattern for the year. However it has ocured to me that when the year changes some cells will no longer have a formula, has anybody got any ideas of how I can format the cells for the 3 way shift pattern mentioned above?

Cheers

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shift Calendar formula (2003 SP2)

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you elaborate?

Thanks

I am not completely clear on what you are after either. Why not put a formula in all "potential cells" no matter what the year. adjust the formulas (with some kind of IF) to diplay a NULL in years where they should not display (comparable to how you hide the date numbers that are in the previous and next month.

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry Hans and Steve,

I know what I mean but I am not explaining very clearly, I think for now I will pull the plug on this request until later, I can achieve what I want to do without the calendar but for my own interest and learning I was trying to 'pretty' it up. Thanks as usual for your responses

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)