Super Moderator
    Thanks

Move Window with Keyboard (Access Any Version)

I work on two monitors mostly. I have an external monitor attached to my laptop, and usually I use this for form and report design, and the laptop screen for coding.

Sometimes, when the database is used by someone with just one monitor, pop up windows open on the monitor that is not present. To the user this looks like nothing happens when you click a command button.

With both screens present, you can drag a window between screens with the mouse.
    With just one screen is there any way to move the window back onto the screen so you can see it?

PS I think it is the case that the problem only occurs if I have set the "auto center" property of the form to No.
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Move Window with Keyboard (Access Any Version)

If the "popup window" you mean is a form with its Popup property set to Yes, you can activate Move mode by typing Alt+spacebar, M. The arrow keys will then move the form around until you click the mouse or press Esc.
    If the "popup window" is a form with Popup set to No, type Alt+-, M instead and then use the arrow keys.
    Both only work if the form has a system menu, i.e. the System Menu property is set to Yes and Border Style is *not* set to None. If the form doesn't have a system menu, I don't know of a way to move it with the keyboard.

If you meant a dialog box, type Alt+spacebar, M and use the arrow keys.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Yes I do mean forms with the popup property set to 'yes'.

But what is the "SystemMenu" property? I think it is the Control Box. Unfortunately I always set that to No so the keyboard method does not work on my problem forms.

Thanks.
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I was translating back from Dutch into English. With Control Box set to No, I don't think there is a way to move the form using the keyboard. Do you really need to have Auto Center and Control Box both set to No?