Thread: PC Doctor

New Lounger
    Thanks

PC Doctor

I bought a new Acer notebook in Bangkok about 1 year ago. I tried a "clean up" a few days ago to try to improve startup and close down speeds etc. etc. and found that my "PC Doctor" file is corrupted. I've downloaded the latest version "5" from the Lenovo/IBM site I found using Google but when I start the programme I get a message saying that it isn't licenced and is closing down, which it promptly does.

Can anyone help me to run this application or to download a working version please?

Thanks,

Njohn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PC Doctor

BUT, while you and Rudi are looking for a free trial version, I have another possibility. It seems to me that if you got an error message about a corrupt PC Doctor file, you would think the program is already installed on your computer. Therefore, while you're looking for updates, you should be looking for update SUPPORT, or UPGRADE or some wording that might indicate support for someone who already has the program.

And lastly, is it possible that, PC Doctor being pre-installed on your computer, that what you have to do is register the copy you already have, then you could login somewhere as a registered owner. I realize I'm just fishin' around...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Hi njohn - welcome to the lounge and seasons greetings to you!

PC Doctor is a licenced product which needs to be purchased to use. However there are sites which provide a free trail download. In my limited experience, it sounds as if you did not download the free trial. If you Google again and make sure that you select a free trail version, that should download and instal for you to use for a limited period. Here is another link you can try with a download. http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/pc-doctor.html
    Regards,
    Rudi

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Your post says 'about a year ago', and these programs are typically licenced on an annual basis. It sounds to me like your licence has expired. It's a little odd that they didn't ask you to renew, but if you have changed your email address or something like that it would be a good idea to update it and, if you still want the program, to cough up the dough for renewal.

There's plenty of competition if you are looking for a substitute, but if you are happy with the program then stick with it.