3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

task bar sizing control? (XP-SP2)

A friend used my computer, did something he could not explain and I didn't see, and now my taskbar is double the normal size, and I've tried to use the double headed arrow to pull it back to the original size, but, it either stays the same 1 inch size he accidently set, or disappears to a 1/8th inch slit on the bottom. I've tried
    this about 15 times with no fix. Is there a tool somewhere I can use to get this monster back where it belongs?? It's annoying as .............

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: task bar sizing control? (XP-SP2)

Kelly's Korner is mentioned in The Lounge frequently and she has LOTS of items on her Tweaks menu that might help. Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP

I have downloaded and used her Repair Tool, at line number 298 and there are other items, such as line numbers 117, 164 and 195.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

If you right click on the task bar, is there a "restore taskbar" option. If there is, select it and it should reset it to normal.

Added: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    Regards,
    Rudi

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, true to Windows, as soon as it appeared, and stuck around for several days, it suddenly went away by itself.........but, I appreciate the link to Kelly's Korner.
    If I ever get brave enough to tackle the registry, I'll know where to look. Thanks to all, and Happy Holidays