Star Lounger
    Thanks

Play an mp3 reference (2003)

I am sitting around today with little to do, and I thought I would catalog my mp3 files into a database. The end goal is to click on a song and have the Windows media player open up and play it (actually, queue it up so that I can click on multiple files to listen to them in order). In essence, create my own juke box. I have a table with the song name and the final file folder in a table. (All files are in "C:documents and settingsusermy documentsmy music" and the subfolder field in the table.

I am thinking that it should be relatively easy for someone with knowledge of visual basic to create a command that will open the windows media player and plug in the song selected. I am not that person with that knowledge.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Play an mp3 reference (2003)

Create a form based on your table.
    You can use the On Dbl Click event of the text box bound to the MP3 name field, or you can place a command button next to the text box and use its On Click event.
    The code would look like this:

Private Sub txtMP3_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
    If Not IsNull(Me.txtMP3) Then
    Application.FollowHyperlink "C:documents and settingsusermy documentsmy music" & Me.txtMP3
    End If
    End Sub

or

Private Sub cmdPlay_Click()
    If Not IsNull(Me.txtMP3) Then
    Application.FollowHyperlink "C:documents and settingsusermy documentsmy music" & Me.txtMP3
    End If
    End Sub

where txtMP3 is the name of the text box and cmdPlay is the name of the command button. Don't forget to substitute your username.