Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing Trojan. (XP Pro SP2)

A few minutes ago, I could not find "system restore" , I wanted to learn about establishing a system retsore point. I put "system restore" in the search engine, and whilst it was searching, a box appeared (fleetingly) with a virus alert about a resident trojan, before I could even hit my screen capture, the message disappeared and all I can remember is it had "recycler" in the file name. A search using "agent ransack has a C:Recycler but I cannot find it under my explorer panes. I'll run an AVG scan now, but any other advice.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing Trojan. (XP Pro SP2)

If your AVG scan doesn't find anything, the problem had probably already taken care of when you saw the alert.

C:Recycler is a hidden system folder; it contains the "Recycle Bin" for each user. You'll have to display hidden and system folders to see it in Windows Explorer.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, it appears you were right. I googled and it seems this maybe a also an AVG false report. there are numerous reports on "SHeur" . I scanned my entire system without a further report. Rod.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Not that I am correcting you [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] I had display hidden files checked. This is a "protected" system folder which I could display, but decided the status quo was ok.