Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Force a new page in mail merge (2007 (Compatabilit

If those are real data, you should remove them from your post (and from the attachment).
    You can use an IF field to insert a page break - use the Insert Word Field dropdown on the Mail Merge toolbar.
    If you want help with that, could you attach a copy of the data source workbook with some dummy data?

Lounger
    Thanks

Force a new page in mail merge (2007 (Compatabilit

I'm working on member information cards for a church group. The data is downloaded from membership management software. I've been successful in setting up the basic document, but can't seem to find a way to force a new page when the family name changes. Herre's the layout:
    Davis
    589 Davis Dr., Frederick MD 21703
    301-695-1234
    Member - Active
    Last update: 12/28/2007
    Charles Davis, email: cgDavis@comcast.net; Birthday: 9/28/1945; Anniversary: 1/27/1968
    Linda Davis, email: lkDavis@comcast.net; Birthday: 12/12/1947; Anniversary: 1/27/1968
    Tim Smith, email: tcSmith@verizon.net; Birthday: 10/20/1981; Anniversary: 6/23/2001
    Amy Smith, email: alSmith@google.com; Birthday: 5/1/1983; Anniversary: 6/23/2001
    Micah Smith, Birthday: 1/28/2004; Anniversary: / /
    Elijah Smith, Birthday: 12/26/2006; Anniversary: / /

I need a new card between the Beekley family and the Smith family ... the new card would start with the common Smith family info before the individual names -- as in the first card.

The only additional info I can think of supplying: I have the data in an Excel file with a calulated field to indicate the family name change.

Can this be done? Any help is appreciated.

--cgb--

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Force a new page in mail merge (2007 (Compatab

Thank you, Hans, for the good advice. What a silly thing to do in my haste to resolve this ... I've change the post and the attached data file has dummy info as you suggested.

When I click on "Rule" (Word 2007, Compatibility Mode) I see "If ... then ... else" and "Skip if" and "Next record if." -- I do need more guidance. See the attached data file as requested.

Thanks!

--cgb--
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Force a new page in mail merge (2007 (Compatab

You'll have to set the merge type to Directory (in Word 2002/2003 this would be in the first step of the mail merge wizard; I have no experience with Word 2007).
    The attached version of the document uses the IF field in combination with the Test mergefield and the MERGESEQ field to do what you want.
    You'll have to locate the data source anew when you open the document.
    Press Alt+F9 to show field codes and to hide them again.
    Attached Files Attached Files