5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WB on server (2003 SP2)

Good afternoon

As most regulars will be aware I have (you all have) designed a holiday workbook that I am now trying to put on the company server, 1 small problem though, in the UserForm that I have is a calander control, as far as I am aware it is not in the personal.xls, however some people can access it with the calander visible and on other machines it fails. Does this mean that I have to go to each machine and make sure that they have the calander in the toolbox?

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Thanks

Re: WB on server (2003 SP2)

AFAIK, anyone who wants to use a form with the calendar control, needs to have it installed on their system. It is not part of the workbook. Many developers use alternate methods for a calendar rather than the calendar control for this reason...

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Calendar control comes with Microsoft Access, so only users who have Access on their PCs will have the Calendar control. Other users will have to download the Calendar control from here and install it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Steve

Many developers use alternate methods for a calendar rather than the calendar control for this reason...

Have you any ideas that you can pass on with regards to alternatives, I am alright here at heathrow as I can plod around the 30 or so PC's when people are out and manually do it but Edinburgh and manchester may be a problem.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See for example Userform Calendar Control or Orlando's VBA and Excel Site (free download of popup calendar for Excel).