New Lounger
    Thanks

Testing templates, what systems to choose? (Word)

Hi,

I work with MS Word templates mostly, sometimes Excel too (ver. 2000, XP, 2003, and 2007).

PROBLEM: I work for an organization present on all continents. My colleagues around the world expect the templates I make to work for all of them, and they use many different languages i.e. many localized versions of Windows. This is a huge problem, especially when it comes to field codes.

SOLUTION: I have access to all non-English versions of Windows used in the firm worldwide, and intend to set up a machine for each of the key regions/languages/types of characters used, to do testing of my templates on them, before sending them around. (Or maybe to use MS Virtual PC or the like, and have them installed on one machine.)

QUESTION: With as many countries as we work with I cannot possibly test all of them, and have to go for testing a few ‘representative’ systems only. What localized versions of Windows should I pick? Which ones would cover the most of the globe? UK and US are obviously not a problem, I can test them alright. Problems are the following:
    1) some of western character sets in Europe;
    2) all of the non western character ones; and, in particular,
    3) Asian ‘double-byte’ character sets.

Thanx for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Testing templates, what systems to choose? (Word)

This is a duplicate of <post:=686,186>post 686,186</post:>. Please post all replies there.

This thread is locked to prevent duplication and confusion.