New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Modules Installer (Windows 7 )

Windows Modules Installer Stopped Working

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I frequently receive the error message: "Windows Modules Installer stopped working and was closed. A Problem caused the application to stop working correctly."

This error seems to appear spontaneously, at least, I am unable to identify what is causing it to appear.

I am using Windows Vista .
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Windows Modules Installer (Windows 7 )

A Windows Modules Installer Stopped Working - Google Search shows that this seems to be related to update installation problems or specific hardware. See Windows Modules Installer has stopped working - Windows Update & Windows update does not work on new Ferrari - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion. Which Vista version are you running? What kind of PC - make/model?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Modules Installer (Windows 7 )

Joe, Thank you for responding and my apologies for not replying sooner. This West Coast winter storm took our power down and we just are back on line.
    I am using the Windows Vista Home Premium Operating system on a Dell XPS 410, which I purchased this last October.