New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge (Access-Word (2000)

I need HELP!!!
    I am working on merging a document into Word. The information is going to come out of an Access database. It is merging fine, but on what end do I specify that I want it to only merge a certain report. For example: merge report number 12, by putting the number in a parameter box.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge (Access-Word (2000)

It is not clear to me whether you are in Word or in Access when you begin the merge process, nor whether this is automated.
    If you are in Word, you would click on Tools/Mail Merge and select the database table or query as the data source. It is records from a table or query that are merged, not reports.
    If you are in Access, you would highlight the table or query and click Office Links tool on the toolbar. Then click Merge It with MS Word. The wizard will allow you to choose the document you want to link.
    If this isn't what you need or it is being automated, please post back with more detail on your process.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge (Access-Word (2000)

Since you posted this in the Access forum, I presume you are wanting to initiate the merge from Access, and that you are going to need to automate it. Microsoft knowledge base article Q209976 gives you the basics of automation of mail merges from Access. If your is wanting to select a specific document to merge from a group of documents, one solution we've used successfully several times is to establish a data table which contains a description of the main merge document, a path to the main merge document, and optionally a unique query or table source for each document. The user can then select those parameters from a drop down combo and then initiate the merge by clicking on a command button.

Happy merging!
    Wendell