Thread: Digital Frames

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Digital Frames

Santa delivered an iQ 12.1" Digital Frames box and I am having endless problems to the extent that I drove 180 miles in dense foggy weather yesterday to the Canadian Distributor as the Vendor's Techie couldn't help me. I should have saved the gas money as the Dist. Tech was no Help either.
    Here is my problem: I have loaded 90 pictures on an Sd Chip and the same onto a 2Gig Flash drive, both of which the Dig Frame box will accept and playback BUT no matter HOW I number the pictures the playback is ALWAYS in random order. The User Guide is VERY basic and gives no hints to Help me.
    Does ANYONE know of a numbering system that the sofware in the Dig Frame box will accept in the order designated?

Thanx mucho.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Digital Frames

Further to my Original post. We have tried several boxes of the same brand and even went to another Vendor and tried two other brands. Same results. It does not, therefore, appear to be a problem solely with my iQ Digital Frames box.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

A quick Google search provided this link. The same question appears to have been asked, and the response was go back to your original file, and rename the photos in the order you wish to see them.

For example, 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, etc....

Hope this helps.
    Christopher Baldrey

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx Chris. Been der dun dat too. I've numbered them every different way I can think of and get the same results - RANDOM display. Furthermore, there is a kind of a preview where it lists all the pictures I've loaded, but wherever I click to start they still come out RANDOM and most recently with an SD chip loaded with 10 pictures it will show the list but ONLY plays 4 of the 10.

Thanks

Have you tried the RENAME WIZARD ?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx but No thanks.

Thanks

Only a suggestion!
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This is a follow-up of my original post # 687,073 and the thread it created:
    This month's (March) issue of "Smart Computing In Plain English" magazine had a lengthy article, "Look At The Big Picture", all about Digital Picture Frames. Nowhere does the writer mention anything about viewing the pictures in a pre-selected order. I sent them an Email querying that and will make a Post here if I get a response.