New Lounger
    Thanks

Groupwise (Access 2000)

Does anyone have experience connecting Groupwise to Access? I want to be able to have Access call e-mails from a particular sender and then parse and import the data into an Access database.

On a Groupwise board, someone said they had done something like this using Object API and VBA, but the author is on vacation until late August and I am caught in an end of the year crisis. Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alysha Taylor

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Groupwise (Access 2000)

If you go to : http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0059.htm

they have a module for this. Also, on the site, try searching on Groupwise and some other info comes up as well as this.
    Hope this helps

xnfec

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, what was at that site wasn't what I was looking for. We are still stuck on how to get Access to import e-mails from Groupwise into the database.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alysha

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid we don't use Groupwise here so it is difficult to provide any more assistance. However, I believe Groupwise is MAPI compliant. If this is the case, then it may be possibel to use the code found at: http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0018.htm
    If you download this database abd run the testmapi sub procedure, you may find it detects your groupwise client and at least tries to do an import. If you get that far, you may be able to tweak some of the table datatypes to get the messages in. This code was designed for Outlook 98 and I managed to get Outlook 2000 in by changing the StoreID field from text to memo for example.

Good luck

I'm afraid thats all I can find on this topic.

xnfec