2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer Offline (Word, Excel 2003)

I have installed an HP multi-purpose printer a couple of days ago. It worked fine until it ran out of paper. I inserted paper and, no matter what I do, it continues to show the printer is offline. I've re-connected all cables, checked system devices (it's supposedly working normally), made sure there's no jams and yet I just don't know why it continues to show off line. Is there anything I can try before un-installing and then re-installing this printer. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Bob W

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printer Offline (Word, Excel 2003)

Have you turned the printer off, then on again?
    Have you rebooted the PC?
    (You've probably done both, just checking to make sure)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printer Offline (Word, Excel 2003)

Hans: You're the best source of info I've come across. I visited the Netherlands when my father was in the Canadian Air Force in 1964 and, I must say, what a beautiful country!! I'd love to go back again.
    When it comes to computers I find that, some days, you just can't see the tree for the forest. Your reminder to restart the computer did the trick; guess that was the only thing I didn't do. I've also asked you what, for you I'm sure, will be a simple question about tables. It's attached to my earlier Excel function question answer which I thank you for again. I'm sure I'll be posting more questions now that I've found that my questions are quickly answered by the expert!!
    Bob W.
    (near Toronto, Canada)