2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Delivery status (Windows XP)

I sent an email and it came back from "postmaster@mail.hotmail.com" with the following message: This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification (Failure) - Unicode (UTF-7).

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

What can I do now? I really want to send this email.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delivery status (Windows XP)

Did the return message mention a reason for the delivery failure? It usually says something like "User unknown" or "High probability of spam" or "Mailbox full". Sometimes the reason is mentioned in an attachment named Details.txt.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, its exactly how I described it. Under Attach: my file is showing and ATT00208.dat (215 bytes)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What kind of file did you attach? You might try zipping the file, and resending the e-mail with the zip file as attachment instead of the original one.

And make sure that the subject of your post doesn't raise suspicions of spam...

Thanks

Found this little gem about UNICODE UTF-7.

Why was you message sent using UTF-7 instead of UTF-8?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Unicode UTF-7 encoding
    Represents Unicode characters as sequences of 7-bit ASCII characters. Your application can use the UTF7Encoding class to convert characters to and from UTF-7 encoding. Non-ASCII Unicode characters are represented by an escape sequence of ASCII characters.

UTF-7 supports certain protocols for which it is required, most often e-mail and newsgroup protocols. However, UTF-7 is not particularly secure or robust. In some situations, changing one bit can radically alter the interpretation of an entire UTF-7 string. In other situations, different UTF-7 strings can encode the same text. For sequences that include non-ASCII characters, UTF-7 is much less space-efficient than UTF-8, and encoding/decoding is slower. Consequently, your applications should generally prefer UTF-8 to UTF-7.
    ------------------------------------------------

"Underling is mine".
    Maybe your ISP doesn't support this encoding?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I managed to send my email through Hotmail instead of my courrier Sympatico.