MESSAGE Task 'Main - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80004002) : 'Unknown Error 0x80004002'
My POP and SMTP info is correct.
My landlord (networked with me & on the same ISP) has no similar problems.
This morning I realized I had 8 messages in my Outbox. This has never happened before. At first they wouldn't send, but I noticed if I restarted Outlook, it appeared to send 1 message each session. Now the only remaining message is to myself at the same account. I know I have e-mails waiting to be received (daily newsletters).
I ran Outlook's Detect & Repair applet.
I am running Office XP. Yesterday I tried to install Access from my old Office Professional 2000 CD. Apparently it installed the whole suite. So I uninstalled 2000, and re-installed XP. Excel and Word work fine.