3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tags on Music Files (Vista Ultimate)

Has anybody noticed that if you try and change the case of a letter in one of the Audio Tags of an MP3 file in Explorer either by changing the Audio Tags on tyhe panel below the file list or by choosing the Details Tab of the Properties page, for example, Dark Side Of The Moon to Dark Side of the Moon . Vista changes the text back to its original casing. The only way to do it is to remove and re-add the text (or part of it). This applies to Artists, Album, Genre, Album Artist and Title.

No big deal, just annoying that's all.

Regards,
    Kevin Bell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tags on Music Files (Vista Ultimate)

My first post on here.
    Yes I noticed that annoying feature only yesterday. An unintended bug perhaps?
    The thing that really frustrates me is the way a lot of my folders display as if they contain music files ie artist, album name etc when in fact all I want to do is look at the old fashioned file details. Is there some way to force each window to open in that way?

Thanks

Hi Ken, and Welcome to the Lounge.
    You can force folders to display almost any way you want. Right click on a folder and select Properties. Click on the Customize Tab. Under "What kind of folder do you want?", make your selection. You can apply this to subfolders as well. As well (in the icon bar in Explorer), if you expand Views, there are also many options there.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

New Lounger
    Thanks

Very many thanks John. I'd been wondering how that was done. You've saved me a lot of Aspirin!