New Lounger
    Thanks

If statement in merge (2003)

I have a document in which I am trying to do a different last page. This is a Will precedent which has a large signature section on the last page and I need a smaller signature block on every page except this one. I am not really sure how I can do this and have the if statement stay in the document after it has been merged as this is the only way the signature will work. I have only ever recorded macros, not written code myself. I don't want to do a new section before the last page because the word users that use this precedent have very minimal word experience. If anyone could help me with any ideas of how this would work after the document has merged I would really appreciate it. Basically I want to leave the if statement in the footer in the document after the final merge. I am just not really sure of the logical way to do this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: If statement in merge (2003)

Since the last page appears to be more or less fixed, I don't see an objection to inserting a section break before it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

It appears that you have set up the field correctly but I am wondering why you need the first section break. You can set the document to use a different first page header-footer rather than use a section break for this.

Perhaps only the first section's header/footer arrive in the merged document. I would remove the section break after the cover to see whether the merged document carries the correct section settings.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply Andrew. If I amunderstanding correctly, what you have suggested makes sense but the problem I have is that after running the merge the if statement no longer exists in the document so the calculation won't work to not print the footer on the last page.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. If I cannot find another way to do this then I will put the section break in. The page isn't actually fixed in this spot I just placed the page break for my example. At the moment I have a section break but it usually gets deleted by the user when they are fixing the pagination which is why I am trying an alternative.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have found a workaround for this. I have inserted an Includetext field in the footer of my document and placed my signature block with my If statement in another document which I bring in via the includetext field. Still not perfect as the user has to highlight the footer and F9 so that the footer appears after running the merge but this is much better than having a section break. Print preview does not work to refresh this.