Star Lounger
    Thanks

function error (Excel 2003)

hi there in the attached file, on the work sheet course costs in cell c16 i have a function that works based on the worksheet contact details. but the actual nested function i want to use is
    =IF(OR(AND(Contact_Details!$P$7:Contact_Details!$P $46="WT1561","ECDL")IF(Contact_Details!$P$7:Contac t_Details!$P$46="WT1571","Web_Design")IF(Contact_D etails!$P$7:$P$46="WT1581","B_Databases")IF(Contac t_Details!$P$7:$P$46="WT1591","B_Spreadsheets")
    to calculate the full range then drag it down from course costs c16 to c55 but can only get a small percentage of the function to work which you can see in cell c16, im not sure how to imput this to do what i want i dont want to use a vlookup just the nested IF. can i acheive this? if so how?
    kitty
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: function error (Excel 2003)

Can you explain what you want to accomplish?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

the course code in worksheet "contact details" is the course that person is on. In worksheet "course costs" that code needs to be changed and entered in cell c16, but needs to be translated from WT1561 to ECDL which is the course title. there are four codes for the four courses, depending what course the person is taking you can view them above in b8:c11. based on all the course codes in contact details i need to create a function to say if p746 has the code WT1561 then the answer is ECDL and if the code is WT1571 then the answer is Web Design and if the code is WT1581 then the answer is B Databases and if the code is WT1591 the answer is B Spreadsheets. does this make more sence. hope so, kitty

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If I understand correctly, you can use this formula in C16 on the Course_Costs sheet:
    <code>
    =INDEX($B$8:$B$11,MATCH(Contact_Details!P7,$C$8:$C $11,0))
    </code>
    Fill down from C16 to C55.