3 Star Lounger
    Reseda, California, USA

IE BROKEN? (xp-sp2)

I knnow I can uninstall Windows components, and I have the XP CD that I bought at the store, so it's legitimate, but someone told me to be very carefull, that
    they tried uninstalling part of Windows, and it really messed things up. For some reason, Internet Explorer is very unreliable at this time - certain links on the interenet simply go "dead", then freeze up the whole operation until I hit ctrl/alt/delete, then send an error report. As usual, that only sends the report - Microsoft
    doesn't actually fix anything (big surprise). Now, I'm just freaked out. Would it be better to "wipe ;and reload" the whole OS? Anyone else had this problem?
    P.S. Ran my AVG anti-virus and did a system restore, and neither of those actions solved the IE problem.

Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA

Re: IE BROKEN? (xp-sp2)

What part of Windows did youthey try to uninstall?

Certain parts of Windows ARE integral to the basic program and should not be uninstalled.
    If IE was the item that was the target of the uninstall, then that was a major error. Replacements can be installed but IE should just be disabled NOT uninstalled and the replacement made the default program.

I would do a REPAIR reinstall of Windows rather than a full clean reinstall at this point.

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!