Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Nothing but 'DOTS' (Office 2007)

Hi,

If one adds commands to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), and those commands do not have an associated icon, it appears as a DOT in the QAT. The screenshot below illustrates that it could be difficult for a user to know what button to click on (unless they rest their mouse pointer over it and wait for the label to appear). Most of the DOTS on the QAT below are different methods for pasting. One is Paste Values, another is Paste Formulas, another is Paste Picture, etc.

I guess my question is if someone knows how to customise these DOTS to easily distinguish what they do?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nothing but 'DOTS' (Office 2007)

You can only customize the buttons for macros (yet another example of dumbing down in Office 2007), so as far as I know the only solution is to create a macro for each of the commands that you want to be available on the QAT, and assign the macros to buttons.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Nothing but 'DOTS' (Office 2007)

Its strange that MS has done all this dumbing down. Their product is really great, and it could have been even better if they just added to Office 2003. I am not ranting, but just wondering why they did this. (Just a rhetorical question!)

TX, BTW!
    Regards,
    Rudi