4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A new shape: a line with two text blocks (2003)

Dear Loungers,

I want to create a shape that is a line and at each end I will have text , you might describe it as the "from text" and the "from text" is this possible and if so how?

liz

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A new shape: a line with two text blocks (2003)

Hi Liz,

I have tried a little theory, and it seems to work, if I understand your question correctly.

Follow these steps:
    - In Visio, use the Pencil tool to draw three separate lines on a page, one long one and two short ones. (Like the red and black lines in screen shot)
    - Switch back to the Pointer tool (the arrow), and move the two short lines to join the ends of the long line, one on each side.
    - Select all three lines and group them together.
    - Then add it to your Favorites Stencil or somewhere else to have quick access to the line if you are to use it often.

How it works:
    - Since it is three separate lines, you can now click on the end lines (the short ones) and type text on them. This simulates a line with text on the ends.

See the screen shot!
    I circled the pointer tool and the pencil tool. Since this is a compound line (and grouped), if you move any of the lines, they all move in unison, including the text that is added to the end lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Rudi

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A new shape: a line with two text blocks (2003)

Here is another approach that might work for you. Draw you line an then create two separate text boxes that can beovrlaid on the line. If you want to make the line break before and after the text boxes you can set their background to a solid white color by right clicking the text, then click on the format and then text on the pop-up menus. The window shown in attached picture will open. You then select the button for a solid background.
    Attached Images Attached Images