Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inspection document (Word 2003 SP2)

Greetings again. In case you're wondering, yes, I have gotten over the Cowboys' losing their game.

I do not use Word very much - Excel can solve all the world's problems, can't it? Our executive secretary has built a Word template with a lofty goal. The original template has a calendar for each of our five major supervisors in the same document. They have to do an inspection every 72 hours, except when there is a federal holiday in that week. Her goal is to have a simple, centralized way for the supervisors to document the inspection: open the file, find the right day of the week and enter the date and initials. Again, each supervisor has his or her calendar. The problem we have is that, if she makes it a *DOC file it will be fouled up shortly from the multiple users. If she uses a template, we shortly will have multiple copies of the file. What I have attached is a one person version of the file. I had to cut out the headings and a couple of months to get it under 100K. Again, I don't know Word very well, but it seems to me that this would probably be easier in Excel or Access using data forms and custom reports, but I don't know if you can generate the nice perpetual calendar grid using one of those. (I have some macros that create an actual calendar for the month specified, for example.) Thanks again.

The password for the file is "** Possible SPAM post - please alert a Moderator (2)**" without the quotes. Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Whitt
    Pharmacist
    Temple, Texas

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inspection document (Word 2003 SP2)

If you need to perform an inspection every 72 hours, what is the significance of the Mon - Wed - Fri pattern?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inspection document (Word 2003 SP2)

Why not make a template (.dot) available on the network? Each supervisor creates a new document (.doc) from the template at the beginning of the year, saves it (with their name or initials or employee number or whatever in the file name), and from then on uses this document.