Thread: Comments (2003)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Comments (2003)

On behalf of another user in my office, who has 2003:
    He uses comments in balloons. They used to link to just one point in his text, as per the first two in the attached file.
    Now he can't stop them selecting and shading the whole word (as per comments 3 and 4 below)--he'd like to get it back to how it used to be.
    I can't reproduce the problem on my own machine, which is still on XP (hence I've done a screen capture from his)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comments (2003)

I am chancing it here as I do not have 2003.

If the cursor is positioned one space before the word, it does not highlight the word, but if the cursor position is right up next to the word, it selects the word as it adds a comment. Have your friend try this "theory" out. You could even select the space before the word and it will not select the entire word.

I have tried in Word 2007, and it always selects the word, except if a space is selected. I notice (if my eyes don't deceive me) that in your screen shot, the comment is inserted in a space before the word. I do not know of any setting in Word to adjust how the comment selects in the document.
    Regards,
    Rudi

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comments (2003)

thanks--that parenthesizes the space, which is better--but I wonder if anyone knows how to get it back to just indicating the point of insertion?