1. New Lounger
    Thanks

dual monitor looping pps stops (PowerPoint 2007)

I am running Powerpoint 2007 on a dual monitor system (independant views, not the same desktop on both screens). When I execute an automatic advancing/looping .pps slide show on the second monitor, all seems to work fine until I switch my focus on monitor #1 to some other application. At that point, the slide show freezes and I've no idea why. Is there anything I can do?

Mark

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. 5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: dual monitor looping pps stops (PowerPoint 2007)

Hi Mark

I do not use 2007 but did the same thing happen for you in 2003? this article may help you

http://www.accelerating.org/articles/beyon...senterview.html

""Avoiding a Common Presentation Problem: Screen Freeze in Dual Monitor Mode

PowerPoint will keep both your laptop and screen slides will remain synchronized only if you remain in PowerPoint Slide Show mode during your presentation. If you accidentally move your cursor back to your laptop / primary monitor display at any point during your presentation and click anywhere, or alternatively, if you click on the "Microsoft PowerPoint" tab in the taskbar, your slides and notes will continue to advance in Normal view on your main screen/laptop screen, BUT your Monitor 2 slides (audience slides) will stay frozen at the point where you clicked away. Depending on your content, speaking style, and audience awareness, it could be quite a while before you discover the problem.

Ouch!""

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

4. 3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: dual monitor looping pps stops (PowerPoint 2007)

This is "by design" Probably back in the days only oldies like me remember and computers had 4 Mb of memory Bill figured PowerPoint took so many resources that we better stop anything alse running when a show is playing.

You can either spend money and buy Powershow from OfficeOne OR if you like a little danger and experimentation ....

"Multi Monitor Magic"
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html

Provides a possible non MSoft approved trick.