2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Contact Listed Twice (Fax & E-mail) (OL2000)

Someone asked me why OL2000, in the office, will display a contact twice in the address book (for fax and e-mail) but the same contact will display only once in the address book on his home installation of OL2000.

I figured it had something to do with the differences between the CW and the IMO installations...I just don't know what, exactly. Then I figured maybe he doesn't have any fax capabilities on his home installation, but we don't in the office either (the icon in Control Panel is "Mail" instead of "Mail and Fax"). In short, I just don't know.

So, if anyone has any information, please do tell!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact Listed Twice (Fax & E-mail) (OL2000)

Your question is almost identical to the one asked in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=out&Number=57941&page=& view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post57941>this post</A>.

I know that the issue that you have in the office with the 2 contacts for one person is the same as the one explained in the post above, but I don't know why he wouldn't have the same problem at home. Your hypothesis makes sense, though.

Hope this helps!
    Becky

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

corp and imo modes use differnet address books and those address books have different features (imo can share with oe, corps allows you to do wildcard doamins for rules are two)

the specific reason is because corp have full mapi and imo does not.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You were both a great help. Thank you so much!!