2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recording Macro toolbar's Relative mode button ? (Excel 2003 / Windows XP)

Normally while I record a macro, I can see a small floating toolbar with two buttons: one to stop recording, and another to toggle between relative and absolute recording modes. I've accidentally clicked the X on the upper right hand corner of this toolbar, making it disappear. Now I can't seem to get it back, despite looking under Toolbars and through the Customise menu. How can I get it back? Without it I can't toggle between relative and absolute modes.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recording Macro toolbar's Relative mode button ? (Excel 2003 / Windows

I don't have 2003 anymore, but if I recall correctly, try this:

Start a new recording, then while you are recording a macro right click on any toolbar. In the shortcut menu you will see the "Stop Recording" toolbar listed. Click on it to recover it. Stop the 'dummy' macro and delete it. The toolbar should be available again.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Thanks

Re: Recording Macro toolbar's Relative mode button

You can also choose View-Toolbars-Customize and check the Stop Recording toolbar there.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recording Macro toolbar's Relative mode button

Thanks to both of you!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rory' post='689464' date='20-Jan-2008 22:54']You can also choose View-Toolbars-Customize and check the Stop Recording toolbar there.[/quote]

This was the advice I've just given to someone who had the same problem as the OP.

However, is that the only way of getting at that button? Does it not exist as a menu entry or option or a tick box somewhere else within XL or the VBE?

Ken

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stuck' post='766409' date='20-Mar-2009 11:24']However, is that the only way of getting at that button? Does it not exist as a menu entry or option or a tick box somewhere else within XL or the VBE?[/quote]

The "Stop Recording" will only appear on the Customization menu when a macro is being recorded.
    You could add the Visual Basic toolbar to have a play or record (or stop while recording) button close at hand. You could also run the following in the immediate window of VBA to make the toolbar appear - drag it to reside with your other tool bars to make it "permanent"

Code:
    Application.CommandBars("Stop Recording").Visible = True

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stuck' post='766409' date='20-Mar-2009 16:24']This was the advice I've just given to someone who had the same problem as the OP.

However, is that the only way of getting at that button? Does it not exist as a menu entry or option or a tick box somewhere else within XL or the VBE?

Ken[/quote]
    No other way as far as I know...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='766412' date='20-Mar-2009 15:59']No other way as far as I know...[/quote]

End of story then!

I'm reassured that it wasn't just me that couldn't find it because it was staring me in the face

Thanks,

Ken