3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

moved taskbar now covers windows (Xppro sp2)

Because I have a tablet pc, I have moved the task bar to the top of the screen, where it is easier to use the stylus. Now I find that often a new programme of document window open with its title bar hidden under the task bar, where I cant reach to move the window. I have to hide the taskbar in order to get to the titlebar. Can I make the windows realise where the 'new' top edge of the 'screen' is? Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: moved taskbar now covers windows (Xppro sp2)

If you specify that a program should open maximized, it should "respect" the taskbar. If a program opens in a non-maximized window, I don't think you can prevent it from sliding under the taskbar. In the default setup with the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, windows can and will slide under the taskbar too, but since the window's title bar usually remains visible, it's less of a problem.
    There is no setting to position the title bar of windows at the bottom of the window, as far as I know, so you'll have to live with the problem, or restore the taskbar to its default position.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: moved taskbar now covers windows (Xppro sp2)

Hi Frank,

You could tell the taskbar not stay on top of windows. Right-click the taskbar, left click properties, turn off "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows".

Doing this however, will allow windows to take the entire screen, thereby hiding your taskbar. Using the auto-hide feature may allow you to work more comfortably in this setup (same windows as above).
    Christopher Baldrey